From sub shops to hotels, health care facilities and restaurants of all types, Speed Ovens are gaining in popularity all across the food service industry. We’re talking more than just microwaves here. Let’s face it, speed has long been an option. But until recently most chefs have resisted out of the belief that true quality simply cannot be rushed. And while that principal is still true today—Speed Ovens have quietly redefined and ultimately reduced the actual amount of time it takes to deliver those results.
More than a microwave
Microwave ovens are a fixture in most commercial kitchens. And while a microwave can certainly cook fast, it should not be confused with a Speed Oven. While many Speed Ovens use microwave to some degree, it’s combined with one or more heat sources such as infra-red, impinged air, convection or radiant heat. It is the finely tuned combination of those heat sources that enables Speed Ovens to produce wonderful results with a wide variety of menu items, in much less time.
What they can cook:
What a Speed Oven cooks will depend somewhat on the platform you choose. However, there is a speed cooking platform designed to cook almost anything you can imagine. From fresh baked goods to grilled meats, seafood, whole chickens, panini, casseroles and more. Today’s Speed Ovens are far more than glorified toasted sandwich and frozen pizza ovens.
Who’s using them:
- Short stay XPress Hotels with a breakfast and or light room service menu offering
- C-Stores with a take home menu
- QSR’s—sub, toasted sandwich, protein with salad, casserole offering
- Fine Dining — apps, entrée elements, salads with protein, last minute
- Casual Restaurants and Pubs — apps, entrées and more
- Hotels — room service, over night menu and onsite restaurants
Why they’re gaining in popularity
- At up to 15 times faster with the same high quality results, this can really streamline an operation
- Ease of use
- Pre-programmed menu items launched from icon based touch screen promotes consistency that ‘anyone’ can use
- Various sizes and footprints available
- Counter mounted
- Wide variety of menu items from seafood to poultry, pizza, sandwiches to full entrées
- Most offer built in catalytic converter — no need to place them under a hood
- Can reduce prep time, batch size and food waste
- Cook to order easily
- Faster cook and service times equals more turns, effectively increasing the capacity of your footprint
- Expanded menu
- Greater capacity
- Reduced Labour and energy costs
How to find the right solution for your menu?
It all starts with your menu. Ask yourself which items on your menu could benefit from another oven capable of cooking up to 15 times faster. Then…
- Talk to a Chef that has experience with this technology. They will help you expand your thinking to understand what’s possible—and also where the limitations are, if there are any.
- At Food Service Solutions our nationwide network of executive chefs are available to answer any and all of your questions.
- Look at trusted recognizable brands with a proven track record. Not just with their speed and the results the equipment can produce—but also with the menu, installation, training and after sale support they provide. Speed Ovens are high-tech and it’s not an item you want to shop for by price alone.
- We represent Amana Speed Ovens because in our opinion they are simply the best choice. Ask us why.
- Try before you buy. Test the items you want to cook. Many leading solution providers regularly hold demonstrations for you to test and see how the ovens work with your menu.
- Contact one of our Executive Chef Consultants for a demonstration in your area.
- Do the math. Speed ovens are expensive but worth it. With the proper help and support to choose the right platform—you’ll have an oven set up perfectly for your operation and menu. An oven that will pay for itself many times over.